Afghanistan will face two major issues this year. The more publicized issue is Pakistan’s refusal to open up their supply routes into Afghanistan for NATO use. The lesser known issue is the devastatingly poor poppy harvest. Both of these problems will create unique challenges for NATO forces. A brief examination of the problems will show […]
Tag Archives: Poppy Harvest
- Reacting to Egypt’s Crisis July 12, 2013
- Continue Turning up the Heat! August 22, 2013
- Why is Syria Different: Two Years Later August 29, 2013
- Trouble with M23 September 21, 2013
- China’s Human Rights Violations and its Consequences July 1, 2013
- Russia’s Propaganda War on Germany March 30, 2016
- Negotiating with Terrorists March 3, 2015
- People to Watch: Standing Premier of the People’s Republic of China – Li Keqiang January 29, 2015
- The Hegemon and the Forgotten Continent: East Africa January 3, 2015
- The Cost of WikiLeaks October 14, 2014
- Christian: Very interesting analysis. To be fair, though, ar...
- Michael Fields: Axelgard, thank you for your comment! You bring up...
- FW Axelgard: Good piece of work! Two quick comments. Syria is...
- Cameron H: Poi Dog, you raise some very important questions a...
- Poi Dog: While teaming up with the UN is the better option ...
Afghanistan Africa Al-Qaeda Aleppo Arab Spring Asia Bashar al-Assad chemical weapons China cyber attacks Cyber security Damascus Economy Egypt Hezbollah Human Rights Iran Iraq ISIL ISIS Israel jabhat al-nusra Japan Libya Mexico Middle East nuclear program Nuclear Weapons Obama Pakistan Rebels regime revolution Russia Saudi Arabia shia Somalia Special Forces Sunni Syria Terrorism U.S. U.S. military United States US
News from Google
- ISIS releases new video of Paris attackers - CNN
- Malaysia Calls for Caution on MH370 as Metal Found in Thailand - Bloomberg
- Kerry off to Asia to address maritime disputes, NKorea nukes - STLtoday.com
- China Deepens Its Footprint in Iran After Lifting of Sanctions - New York Times
- In Portugal, Voters Pick Center-Right President - New York Times