Burma’s by-elections on April 1st offers a glimmer of hope for a country that has been under military rule for decades. Although the military-backed Union Solidarity and Development Party (USDP) still controls a heavy majority of total seats in Burma’s parliament, 43 of the 45 seats contested were captured by the National League for Democracy (NLD), […]
Tag Archives: Burma
- Reacting to Egypt’s Crisis July 12, 2013
- China’s Human Rights Violations and its Consequences July 1, 2013
- Future US Military Involvement in Syria October 12, 2013
- Trouble with M23 September 21, 2013
- Why is Syria Different: Two Years Later August 29, 2013
- Negotiating with Terrorists March 3, 2015
- People to Watch: Standing Premier of the People’s Republic of China – Li Keqiang January 29, 2015
- The Hegemon and the Forgotten Continent: East Africa January 3, 2015
- The Cost of WikiLeaks October 14, 2014
- The Danger of Foreign Fighters in Syria October 2, 2014
- Christian: Very interesting analysis. To be fair, though, ar...
- Michael Fields: Axelgard, thank you for your comment! You bring up...
- FW Axelgard: Good piece of work! Two quick comments. Syria is...
- Cameron H: Poi Dog, you raise some very important questions a...
- Poi Dog: While teaming up with the UN is the better option ...
Afghanistan Africa Al-Qaeda Arab Spring Asia chemical weapons China CIA Cyber security cyber warfare democracy Economy Egypt Hezbollah Human Rights Iran Iraq ISIL ISIS Israel jabhat al-nusra Japan Libya Mexico Middle East nuclear program Nuclear Weapons Obama Oil Pakistan Rebels regime revolution Russia Sanctions shia Somalia Special Forces Sunni Syria Terrorism U.S. U.S. military United States US
News from Google
- ISIS releases new video of Paris attackers - CNN
- Malaysia Calls for Caution on MH370 as Metal Found in Thailand - Bloomberg
- Kerry off to Asia to address maritime disputes, NKorea nukes - STLtoday.com
- China Deepens Its Footprint in Iran After Lifting of Sanctions - New York Times
- In Portugal, Voters Pick Center-Right President - New York Times